Friday, March 28, 2014

#14 Mapping the convoluted mind or, as we like to call it in the biz, going with the flow!

#14 Mind Mapping and Creating Flow Charts.

My first thoughts are, why did I chose the programs I chose.  In this case it was fairly simple, their design appealed to me.  I liked the colors and the ease of use.  I was attracted to their little advertising icon.  Amazing the power of that first consumer hook!

So I decided to take Gliffy and bubbl.us out for a little test drive.  See if it could withstand the clutter in my mind without over loading the server!  I have to admit at first blush I was favoring Gliffy. All the fun shapes, the pretty color text, ease of use.  And then I tried bubbl.us *angels sing aaaaaaa*!  And I fell in love!  I loved the little pop up boxes, the way everything connected, how easy it was to start a new set or add new boxes... I adored it!!! I would certainly put it down as my go to mind mapper or flow chart creator!!

As it turns out Science is perfect for these types of tools.  And what a great activity to be able to have each student on a computer creating a mind map of their current knowledge of a subject before each instruction, and then one after!!  It would be great for genetics.  For teaching students cause and effect.  For helping students get organized!  Did I say I loved this particular app?  I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment