Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing #6 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

Thing #6 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

I chose PowToon because it came up in a "Teacher" search on GoToWeb20. (It was the only "toon" app that came up in an education/teacher search).  I have been looking for an animated "short" program for some time now, so I thought I'd give it a try.  The program seemed easy to navigate and you could use your own images or images from the web.  The downside is that the best "characters" were paid images and the characters did not move around like I wanted them to.  While they were animated, in that they kind of had a little movement to them, they would not walk from place to place or speak.  So while this tool would make a nice little static movie with images, text, and video sliding in and out it would not produce a "cartoon" like those for which I have been looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment