Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing #12 Google is Not Just for Searching Anymore

Thing #12 Google is Not Just for Searching Anymore 

I regularly use google scholar to search for journal articles.  It is especially handy to use if the library does not have a full text version of an article that I am interested in reading.  Usually if there is a free full text version out there google scholar can find it!  Google scholar also searches a wider range of information sources than the well defined library searches by content.

Google translate!  Huzzah!! It was the only way I could communicate with a chinese student I had last year (well, if the other chinese student wasn't there).  It is an invaluable tool that is easily accessible on the computer or on a phone.  I use it quite frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment